- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold puff pastry; roll into a 10-in. square.
- Beat cream cheese and pesto until smooth; stir in remaining ingredients. Spread cheese mixture on pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Freeze 30 minutes. Cut crosswise into 16 slices.
Bake cut side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pastry slices on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. To use, preheat oven to 400°; bake pastries until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews forMediterranean Pastry Pinwheels
"What does it mean to "roll into a 10-in. square."...?"
"Fun to make and yummy to eat. One can serve them as an appetizer or as a nice light lunch. Just add a green salad and your meal is complete. Only a glass of white wine is needed.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"These yummy pinwheels are great for an appetizer, light lunch, or even an accompaniment to brunch! Made them exactly as directed. easy to put together and pretty on the plate! A keeper!"