- 4 pounds whole chicken wings
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Celery and carrot sticks
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- Cut wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350°. Fry chicken wings, a few at a time, about 9 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels; place in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the next seven ingredients; cook and stir 5-10 minutes. Pour over cooked wings; let stand 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove wings from sauce and place in a single layer on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Serve hot with vegetable sticks and dressing for dipping. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forHot Wings
"These hot wings were awesome - will most definitely being doing again and again! Could easily be done a day in advance, leaving the baking for the day you'll serve."