Says Rosadene Herold of Lakeville, Indiana, "My family thinks my Herbed Potatoes and ONions is a tasty alternative to fried potatoes. It's also quick."
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat margarine, melted
- In an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe baking dish, layer half the potato and onion slices. Combine Italian seasoning and pepper; sprinkle half over the onion and potato layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon margarine. Repeat layers. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until potatoes are tender turning dish after 4 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herbed Potatoes and Onions in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p8
Reviews forHerbed Potatoes and Onions
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2017
"These potatoes are very good- sometimes I melt cheese on top the last few minutes of heating."