- 1 unsliced loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Slice bread, but not all the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. In a small bowl, cream butter. Add the Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oregano and garlic salt; mix well. Spread between slices. Wrap loaf in a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 28 in. x 18 in.). Bake at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forHerbed Garlic Bread
"I loved the flavors in this recipe! The fresh parsley and garlic made this buttery herbed bread so tasty!"
"I left out the fresh parsley, but it was still very good."
"Very easy to fix and a great flavor! A whole lot cheaper than buying from the store too! Plus it tastes so much better! I make this probably every 2-3 weeks in my house."
"Excellent! Didn't use Garlic Cloves - used dried garlic and the dried garlic salt and adjusted to our family taste buds. Also put excess butter mix on top to let is further soak into the break. Big hit at the dinner party and weill make again."
"Amazing! Followed the recipe exactly and it turned out wonderfully. We didn't think it was too much garlic, but we didn't have any kids in our bunch. I could see where kids might think it was too much."
"I'll definitely make this again, but I'll cut way back on the amount of garlic. According to my 11-year-old daughter four cloves is too much!"