"Our family of five enjoys this hearty dish with salad or green beans and crusty bread for lunch or supper," says Madonna McCollough of Harrison, Arkansas. "Leftovers are delicious reheated with eggs and toast for breakfast the next morning."
Recommended: 55 Savory Ways to Enjoy Sweet Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook, uncovered, just until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers, corn, onion and garlic until tender. Cut sausage into small chunks; add to vegetable mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain potatoes; add to vegetable mixture. Add oil and pepper; mix well. Transfer to an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hearty Brunch Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p44