Grilled Salmon with Chorizo-Olive Sauce
Every one of the ingredients in this recipe brings a ton of flavor. Both chorizo and salmon cook in a hurry, and garlic and citrus go beautifully with them, too. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 links (3 to 4 ounces each) fresh chorizo
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- Remove chorizo from casings. In a large ovenproof skillet on a stove or grill, cook and stir chorizo, green onions and garlic over medium-high heat, crumbling sausage. Cook until sausage is no longer pink, 4-6 minutes; drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, olives and orange zest; stir to combine. Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon.
- On a greased grill rack, grill salmon, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes per side, or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Top with chorizo mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 salmon fillet with 1/2 cup sauce: 545 calories, 36g fat (10g saturated fat), 142mg cholesterol, 1355mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon with Chorizo, Orange, Olive Sauce in Taste of Home September/October 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.