These grill-friendly veggies make it a cinch to offer a healthful variety of produce in one dish. Their robust flavors play off each other beautifully.—Genise Krause, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Place mixture on a double thickness heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 18-22 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 71 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Foil-Pack Vegetables in Country Woman June/July 2010