Fish in Foil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 halibut steak (6 ounces)
- 4 medium mushrooms
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lemon slices
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup diet Mountain Dew
- Crushed pepper
- Place fish in the center of a 20x14-in. piece of heavy-duty foil. Place mushrooms, tomatoes, lemon and green pepper around fish. Fold edges of oil up; pour soda over fish. Fold foil to seal tightly.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 vegetable.
Aug 14, 2013
We couldn't make out the flavor the Mountain Dew was supposed to add. Just tasted like baked halibut.
Sep 24, 2010
Excellent but simple food without too much time.
May 11, 2009
"En Papillote", eh? Parchment paper leaves no metallic taste, although foil accomplishes the process.