Foil Packet Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
This hearty, satisfying dinner has all the flavors of an authentic jambalaya but is ready in minutes. The foil packets can be prepared a day ahead and cooked right before serving. These are also great on the grill! —Allison Stroud, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
MakesPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min
- 12 ounces fully cooked andouille sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 ounces uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide mixture among six greased 18x12-in. pieces of heavy-duty foil. Fold foil around mixture and crimp edges to seal, forming packets; place on a baking sheet. Bake until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender, 20-25 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 packet: 287 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1068mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Foil Packet Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.