Foil-Packet Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 12 ounces fully cooked andouille sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 ounces uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Divide mixture among six greased 18x12-in. pieces of heavy-duty foil. Fold foil around mixture and crimp edges to seal, forming packets; place on a baking sheet. Bake until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender, 20-25 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 packet: 287 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1068mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 22, 2019
You cannot beat the ease of this recipe. I served with a side of bread for a complete meal. This would be a great camping meal.
Oct 16, 2018
Delicious, outstanding. But, I cheated - I made it stove top in a skillet, and not in the foil packets (the packets scare me based on having been burned once when making a similar recipe years ago. All the same ingredients, just a different cooking method. Really yummy. I didn't have any Creole Seasoning, so I made my own and eliminated the cayenne pepper as I have a picky eater at my house.
Jul 23, 2018
This turned out really good. I divided into 4 foil pouches. How long do you believe it would take on the grill? Direct or indirect coals.