Grilled Pork Chops with Cilantro Salsa
These quick and easy chops from Lisa Ruehlow of Blaine, Minnesota make a very colorful statement when they hit the table. Your guests will rave!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, green pepper,
- limeade, onion, cilantro and salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Season pork with pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Fruit Salsa in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Jun 9, 2014
It was different and tasty! I may try to substitute the cantaloupe with watermelon next time.
Oct 4, 2011
Is sooo good! there is nothing bad to say about this recipe.