Grilled Pork Chops with Cilantro Salsa
These quick and easy chops from Lisa Ruehlow of Blaine, Minnesota make a very colorful statement when they hit the table. Your guests will rave!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons thawed limeade concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the cantaloupe, tomatoes, green pepper,
- limeade, onion, cilantro and salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Season pork with pepper. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 240 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Grilled Pork Chops with Fruit Salsa in Simple & Delicious July/August 2008
Jun 9, 2014
It was different and tasty! I may try to substitute the cantaloupe with watermelon next time.
Oct 4, 2011
Is sooo good! there is nothing bad to say about this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.