Marinated Pork Roast
In Moberly, Missouri, Andrea Schumann relies on honey, white wine and a little lemon juice for a low-carb entree that everyone enjoys. "The marinade has a light, flavorful taste that works well with any cut of pork," she promises.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, honey and brown sugar. Brush half over the meat. Bake 15 minutes longer. Brush with remaining honey mixture. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.