- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef chuck steak (about 3/4 pound and 3/4 inch thick)
- In a shallow dish, combine the ketchup, vinegar, oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper; add meat and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).