Seasoned Ribeye Roast
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix seasonings. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up; rub with seasonings.
- Roast, uncovered, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 1-1/2-2 hours. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked beef: 372 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 31, 2012
This is so so good. I have made it several times and have been asked several times to make it. Very good, I would recommend this to anyone.
Oct 24, 2012
Good stew. Next time I will try using a 1/2 can of tomato paste and add onions. I used venison and made the pieces a little bigger than an inch cube.
Oct 16, 2012
The extremely well regarded cooking magazine Cook's Illustrated recommends using an instant read thermometer and remove when the center of meat registers about 122 degrees for rare to medium-rare or about 130 degrees for medium-rare to medium. The temperatures recommended in the recipe are those of the USDA. The USDA recommends much higher temperatures because they presume ?iffy? meat quality. The USDA recommends a minimum temperature of 145 degrees? that?s really medium well.Trust me; the roast shown in the photograph of roast was no more than 120 degrees when it was removed from the oven it should also rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.120 degrees is the temperature that I routinely use for prime rib? I probably cook eight to ten annually.
Dec 25, 2011
Oh My gosh, the best flavor and perfect rib roast I have ever made. Tasted gourmet and each time I make it, its perfect..only thing is if you don't like spicy cut the cayenne pepper to half
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.