Chuck Roast Dinner
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 300 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 6, 2014
Delicious! I made this for a family dinner for my parents and everyone loved it.
Jul 3, 2013
I thought this was a great recipe. It was easy and quick to throw into the crockpot and didn't require any more attention except to serve it up. I threw a few more potatoes and carrots into the pot than what the recipe called for. It was really hearty and filling!
Jun 10, 2012
This was very easy to make and it tasted wonderful! I love to use the slow cooker when its too hot outside (I live in Ohio) to grill or heat up the oven! Both my husband and I loved this recipe. Thanks for submitting :)
Mar 5, 2011
This meal was a huge hit! I even doubled the amount of veggies and still had no leftovers!
Feb 1, 2010
I used V8 juice instead of tomatoe juice and put in fresh mushrooms. It turned out very good.
Nov 8, 2008
I love snack mix it is soooooooooooooooooo good