- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons beefy onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the green beans, potatoes, mushrooms and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forGreen Beans and New Potatoes
"I love the ease of this dish. Veggies and potatoes in one pot. The flavor is great, and the fact that it's in the slow cooker is a double plus for me!! And I usually get enough for 2 meals out of one shot, so this is a great economic dish as well!! Thanks again! :)"
"yuck! yuck! yuck! i hate throwing food away but this was un-salvageable! salty, awful flavor, beans never got tender but the mushrooms were so over cooked they were black and the potatoes were awful too."
"The potatoes had a good flavor which my husband liked. However, I would try adding the beans only for the second half of the cooking time, as I thought they were over-cooked."
"My family really enjoyed this dish. Even my husband (who is really not a big vegetable eater) said that there could have been less potatoes and more green beans. I was shocked. I did make two additions to the recipe. I added about 6 oz. of diced cured ham and a teaspoon of liquid smoke."
"Enjoyed very much. Dislike mushrooms very much,and left the out. Don't think it made a difference."
"The four of us did not like the flavor."