Greek Salad-Inspired Quiche
I love using my cast-iron skillet to create this meatless, family-sized Greek quiche for a quick meal. Just add a green salad and some pita bread, and dinner is on the table with little fuss and no extra dishes to wash! — Donna M. Ryan, Topsfield, Massachusetts
Total TimeBake: 20 min. + standing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a 9-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes, green peppers and onion; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, 6-7 minutes; drain. Add spinach and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and stir in feta and olives.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper flakes until blended. Pour over vegetables.
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Test Kitchen tips