Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup packed fresh parsley sprigs, stems removed
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Place parsley, mint, onion and garlic in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add tomatoes and cucumber; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add tomato mixture to quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil and seasonings until blended; drizzle over quinoa mixture and toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until serving.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 163 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 9, 2017
I used fresh lemon juice, no mint ( l don't like it) and l sprinkles it with feta on the plate when l served, deliciouse and good for you. I will make this again. Janet. VFE
Feb 13, 2016
Dec 6, 2015
Delicious, will definitely make again.
May 1, 2015
This was wonderful.. It will be a stable during the summer. I didn't put the mint in it but I did use the fresh parsley. So yummy and refreshing