Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed, 12-15 minutes. Remove from the heat; fluff with a fork. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
- Add the beans, cucumber, red pepper and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 159 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Dec 2, 2017
This recipe is very good however Tabbouleh is not the same as couscous, b is made with bulgar wheat and is not a pasta as is couscous.
Aug 16, 2016
Very good! Definitely will make it again!
Feb 16, 2016
very easy and good--I agree with adding additional fresh squeezed lemon juice
May 25, 2013
If it doesn't have quite enough zip, add more lemon juice (I used fresh squeezed). GREAT!
Oct 25, 2012
Aug 21, 2012
Jul 24, 2012
I just tried this recipe for the first time and took it to a potluck at church. People raved over it and several asked for the recipe. I had to leave out the parsley as I had forgotten to buy any (and I'm sure it would have been far better with the parsley included), but it didn't seem to make a difference to people. A very refreshing and healthy salad that I am likely to make again and again!