Chickpea Mint Tabbouleh
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas (about 5 ounces), thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons julienned soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine bulgur and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Stir in fresh or frozen peas; cook, covered, until bulgur and peas are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve warm, or refrigerate and serve cold.
Health Tip: Bulgur is made from whole wheat kernels that are boiled, dried and cracked. Since it’s made from the whole kernel, it’s always a whole grain. It has more fiber than quinoa, oats and corn.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 380 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 450mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 11g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 fat, 1 lean meat.
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks! It's very helpful. I stress on the point that when on a new diet, a daily plan is very important Without it it’s too easy to fall for peer pressure, to be unprepared and to make bad decisions. I was one among those people who had knowledge about what to eat and what not to, but didn't have a daily plan to carry me through that critical first month until I came across something called as 28-Day Keto challenge. It's more than a plan, a challenge which guided me every step of my way. Their guidance helped me a lot and now I feel a sense of accomplishment. I notice my skin and hair improve and even can sleep better now. I lost a lot of weight too and I now have that energy which I haven't felt in years. I very strongly recommend you this. Visit https://bit.ly/2X8zIgv