Couscous Tabbouleh with Fresh Mint & Feta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-8 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomato and cucumber. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, oil and seasonings. Drizzle over bean mixture. Add couscous; toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until chilled. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 362 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 9g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2012
This salad was so easy to make - fresh and delicious! I thought it made way more than 2 servings because both the grains and the beans are very filling. I started the grains (I used quinoa), then made the dressing and then combined it all. I also chilled it covered in the fridge for 20-30 before serving. I really recommend that for it helps to calm the lemon down a bit and play up the mint. Will add radishes next time and take out a 1/3 of the beans, but loved this dish!