Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes (about 10), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Balsamic vinegar, optional
- In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, cheese pearls and olives. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with vinegar.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 29, 2016
I found this to be a easy way to prepare a caprese salad for a large group instead of doing individual salads as I usually do. The ripe olives added a nice touch. I used cherub tomatoes and sliced them in half instead of the plum tomatoes. Very pretty dish and more importantly delicious. volunteer field editor
Jan 28, 2016
This was ok. I prefer my tomatoes and mozzarella to be marinated in the balsamic vinegar and oil. It gives it more flavor that way.
Nov 16, 2015
This is simply delightful with any heavy pasta dish!
Nov 1, 2015
Just perfect! I used cherry tomatoes and cut them in half. I did add the balsamic vinegar, and it was so good with the fresh herbs.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.