- 2-1/2 pounds plum tomatoes (about 10), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carton (8 ounces) fresh mozzarella cheese pearls
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Balsamic vinegar, optional
- In a large bowl, mix tomatoes, cheese pearls and olives. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. If desired, drizzle with vinegar.
3/4 cup: 160 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.