This is a healthy and tasty snack that I feed to my kids often. They love it!—Cindy Reams, Phillipsburg, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour + cooling
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine honey, oil and cinnamon. Gradually stir in oats and quinoa until well blended. Cook, covered, on high 1 to 1-1/2 hours, stirring well every 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut, dried fruit and pecans. Spread evenly on waxed paper or baking sheets; cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 317 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as quinoa granola in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2016