Lemon Herb Quinoa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Add the basil, cilantro, mint, lemon zest and remaining salt; fluff with a fork.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 160 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 6, 2017
A wonderful light side dish that compliments chicken, fish or whatever you wish!
Oct 12, 2013
I REALLY enjoyed this recipe as a base. I altered it a bit to give it more flavor. I followed the recipe but found it to be lacking in flavor. The mint, basil and cilantro work well together, but I added more salt, lemon juice and cucumber. It came out FABULOUS! At this point I'd give it 4 stars, if not 5. You can add anything you'd like, I just felt it needed more crunch and seasoning. With those modifications, it was super yummy and zesty! Just remember to taste as you go!