Lemon Herb Quinoa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat. Add the basil, cilantro, mint, lemon peel and remaining salt; fluff with a fork.
Editor's NoteLook for quinoa in the cereal, rice or organic food aisle.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 160 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Jun 6, 2017
A wonderful light side dish that compliments chicken, fish or whatever you wish!
Oct 12, 2013
I REALLY enjoyed this recipe as a base. I altered it a bit to give it more flavor. I followed the recipe but found it to be lacking in flavor. The mint, basil and cilantro work well together, but I added more salt, lemon juice and cucumber. It came out FABULOUS! At this point I'd give it 4 stars, if not 5. You can add anything you'd like, I just felt it needed more crunch and seasoning. With those modifications, it was super yummy and zesty! Just remember to taste as you go!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.