Strawberry-Lime Quinoa Parfaits
When I serve quinoa with strawberries and key lime pie yogurt, friends scrape the bottom of the parfait glass to get every delectable bite. —Bev Jones, Brunswick, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 4 containers (6 ounces each) key lime pie flavored yogurt
- 2-2/3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Stir in lime zest; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Layer 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/3 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup quinoa mixture and 1 tablespoon coconut into four parfait glasses. Repeat layers.