Strawberry-Lime Quinoa Parfaits
When I serve quinoa with strawberries and key lime pie yogurt, friends scrape the bottom of the parfait glass to get every delectable bite. —Bev Jones, Brunswick, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 4 containers (6 ounces each) key lime pie flavored yogurt
- 2-2/3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Stir in lime zest; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Layer 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/3 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup quinoa mixture and 1 tablespoon coconut into four parfait glasses. Repeat layers.
Originally published as Key Lime Quinoa and Berry Parfaits in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.