Lemon Date Couscous
Couscous is a great way to deliver bold flavors, and it cooks so quickly. This makes a wonderful accompaniment to all sorts of main dishes. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spinach, carrots, dates, almonds, lemon juice, zest, salt and lemon pepper. Stir in couscous. Garnish with green onions.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 179 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Lemon Date Couscous in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012