Lemon Date Couscous
Couscous is a great way to deliver bold flavors, and it cooks so quickly. This makes a wonderful accompaniment to all sorts of main dishes. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the spinach, carrots, dates, almonds, lemon juice, zest, salt and lemon pepper. Stir in couscous. Garnish with green onions.