Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 16 dried figs
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, halved widthwise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil over medium heat; cook until reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each fig; fill with 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese. Wrap each with a piece of prosciutto; place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with rosemary and pepper.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Serve warm with glaze.
1 each: 90 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.