Balsamic Roasted Sausage and Grapes with Linguine
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausage links
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage links
- 3 cups seedless red grapes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place sausage links and grapes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil and water; pour over sausages. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes. Turn sausages; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in sausages reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Cut sausages into 1/2-in. slices. In a large bowl, combine the linguine, reserved pasta water and pesto; toss to coat. Add the sausage, spinach, salad greens and grapes with pan juices; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 566 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 2, 2013
It was very tasty. I used Turkey and Chicken Italian sausage. I think the next time I make it I would prefer to place the mixed greens under the pasta mixture rather than mixing it all together.
Sep 3, 2012
This is a great favorite. Friends continue to ask for the recipe. I add fresh basil as well. It is also good served cold as a picnic dish. I use gluten free pasta and it is delicious!
Jun 5, 2012
Very good, unique flavor. Nice mix of pesto and 1 different flavors of sausage. I will definitely add this to my rotation of recipes!