Pork Linguine Toss
With crisp asparagus and sweet red pepper, this bold dish is fanciful enough to serve to company, yet family-pleasing as well.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound honey-mustard center cut pork loin fillet, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook linguine according to package directions, stirring in red pepper during the last 6 minutes and asparagus during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pork in oil until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Drain linguine mixture; add to skillet. Add dressing and toss to coat; heat through.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Hormel honey-mustard center cut pork loin filet. Package weighs about 27 ounces.