Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of the noodle mixture in a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle mixture; top with reserved meat sauce and remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 436 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 16, 2019
The only change I made was using ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Delicious!! A great make-ahead. Next time I think I will double it and Make One-Freeze.
Apr 13, 2019
Yummy comfort food. Simple and easy to prepare even after a full day at work. I served with a nice Chianti.
Apr 12, 2019
This was great and so quick and easy to prepare. The only change I made was to use Ricotta cheese in place of the cottage cheese, just a personal preference. Will definitely make again.
Apr 4, 2019
I prepared this recipe 3/20/2019. My changes were using pasta sauce which I'd had on hand and I used 1 garlic clove, minced. This dish was delicious and had the taste of lasagna without all of the work! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Apr 2, 2019
Wonderful week night meal, taste of lasagna without all the prep work. Worked with gluten free pasta.
Mar 25, 2019
Great, quick way to make lasagna without actually making lasagna. : )
Mar 24, 2019
I made this one night for unexpected company. It was a big hit and I had all the ingredients on hand. Quick and yummy.
Mar 23, 2019
A good recipe for a quick meal! Added a salad and some bread sticks to round out the meal! Very tasty!
Mar 16, 2019
Easily cut in half, I made it for the two of us, which left a bit more for one lunch the next day. I used Jimmy Dean Italian bulk sausage, instead of the the ground beef, which added a whole lot more flavor. And I added some dried oregano. All in all a great dish, without the usual fuss.
Nov 2, 2013
This recipe is a family favorite. I've been making it for years.