Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup Daisy small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of the noodle mixture in a greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle mixture; top with reserved meat sauce and remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 436 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Apr 2, 2020
I liked this recipe and it was easy, I made it as is but did use a mix of cottage cheese and ricotta as that is what I had on hand. When I make it again, and I will, I will use more pasta than the 6 oz....I don't think that was enough pasta compared to the 1 lb of meat. Using more pasta, may have to add more sauce...but I'll try it! A very good recipe though, thank you!
Jan 12, 2020
We love lasagna, so I wasn’t sure how good this would be compared to the real thing. My husband said it is his new favorite casserole! It is a keeper.
Jan 11, 2020
My husband and I loved this. The only thing I did different was use Fontina cheese in place of mozzarella.
Dec 31, 2019
Quick, easy, and tasty! Works well with big pasta like rigatoni or cavatappi. I mixed the cottage cheese with some ricotta (about 50-50.) A salad rounds out the meal nicely.
Aug 13, 2019
I have made this recipe many times. It is so easy and so delicious. The only change I made was to use ricotta instead of cottage cheese.
Aug 9, 2019
I also used Ricotta in place of the cottage cheese, and I used ground Italian Sausage instead of the ground beef. It was a big hit with the Lions Club. Will definitely make again.
Apr 16, 2019
The only change I made was using ricotta instead of cottage cheese. Delicious!! A great make-ahead. Next time I think I will double it and Make One-Freeze.
Apr 13, 2019
Yummy comfort food. Simple and easy to prepare even after a full day at work. I served with a nice Chianti.
Apr 12, 2019
This was great and so quick and easy to prepare. The only change I made was to use Ricotta cheese in place of the cottage cheese, just a personal preference. Will definitely make again.
Apr 4, 2019
I prepared this recipe 3/20/2019. My changes were using pasta sauce which I'd had on hand and I used 1 garlic clove, minced. This dish was delicious and had the taste of lasagna without all of the work! This recipe is definitely a keeper!