Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Dash minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 ounces spiral noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small curd 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, brown beef with onion, garlic and salt. Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer until heated. Remove 1 cup meat sauce; set aside. Stir noodles into the remaining sauce. Place half of noodle-sauce mixture in greased 2-qt. casserole. Cover with cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Add remaining noodle-sauce mixture; top with 1 cup of reserved meat sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover; bake for 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 436 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 885mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 2, 2013
This recipe is a family favorite. I've been making it for years.
Oct 17, 2013
very easy and quick to make.
Aug 13, 2012
making this for the second time! After working 10 hours...this is so easy and just delicious! I doctored up cheap spaghetti sauce, added some basil and italian seasoning to the cottage cheese and cheese mixture....Just a "must fix"
Jun 16, 2012
I was given a Taste of Home cookbook as a wedding gift 20 years ago, and this recipe was in it. It was one of the first "real" things I ever made as a 21 yr old newlywed. Over the years I've made it many times, sometimes as written, sometimes with leftover homemade sauce, and it's always good. It's easy and a crowd pleaser.
Aug 22, 2010
i made this into a casserole cause it just seemed easier.added mushrooms,green and red peppers just about a quarter cup each. my husband loved it.thanks for sharing