My lasagna noodle chips turned out great and are out-of-this-world crispy. And the dip truly tastes like rich, cheesy Italian-American lasagna. —Linda Cifuentes, Mahomet, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes3 cups dip (36 chips)
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain. Cut noodles into 2-in. pieces; prick each piece several times with a fork. Mix Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry noodles in batches 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with cheese mixture.
- For dip, in a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into fine crumbles. Stir in ricotta, spaghetti sauce, garlic and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Sprinkle with Italian cheese. Microwave, covered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until cheese is melted. Serve with lasagna chips.
Mar 19, 2020
This was DILISH! I have to try it again!!!
Jun 4, 2019
This is a unique chip
Jun 9, 2018
OMG this is delicious and so different it disappeared fast at our function - love this