Turkey Tortellini Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups frozen cheese tortellini (about 8 ounces)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey, zucchini and garlic over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain. Add tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper flakes; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
- Drain tortellini; add to skillet and toss to combine. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 397 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 15, 2013
I made this for another couple and they loved it! Lots of flavor, very pretty with lots of color.
May 14, 2013
Very good -- but I added a little jarred Alfredo sauce, just to stick the ingredients together.