Prosciutto Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil until garlic is tender, about 1 minute. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 461 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 802mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 17, 2015
I had to improvise by using rice fettuccini pasta (I'm allergic to wheat), and I didn't have any peas, but we gobbled this up! It was very yummy and very satisfying. Great recipe and EASY!
Apr 29, 2014
My hubby loves loves loves this!!!!!!!!
Nov 22, 2011
We substituted Italian sausage for the ham and corn for the peas. We also added onion and green pepper to the mix. If we have frozen shrimp or scallops on hand, we use those as well. We have used different kinds of pasta to go with it and it always turns out great!
Jul 2, 2011
I love this recipe & have made it numerous times. When I make it, I usually substitute asparagus for the peas. Yum!
Apr 21, 2011
Used deli ham and added 4 cups shredded cabbage (cooked with the ham and spices). If I was to make again, which I probably won't, I would use 16 ounces of peas PLUS the 4 cups shredded cabbage. Definitely not enough veggies in this dish.Also, not sure where all the oil was used, but I only used about 2 Tbsp in the whole recipe.
Apr 3, 2011
Substituted peas with asparagus which I cut small to fit recipe. Also, used bowtie pasta which is the pasta the family prefers. Its OK, felt like it was lacking some zip though.
Mar 20, 2011
My husband & I love this recipe - so simple & tasty! We add a sprinkle of dried hot pepper flakes, and asparagus makes a super substitute for the peas!
Sep 9, 2010
used pepperoni in place of prosciutto. very good
Dec 1, 2009
We thought the dish was all right, but I doubt I'd make it again. Kind of boring.
Oct 4, 2009
this is a wonderful and easy dish to fix. I was able to cut the recipe in half. The flavor is great. It has become one of our favorite dishes!!