Shrimp Tortellini Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding peas during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Drain tortellini mixture; add to skillet. Stir in salt, thyme, pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 413 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2018
Excellent. Tasty and fairly quick. I doubled the amount of thyme and used butternut squash ravioli.
Jan 11, 2018
Good. I used a 20 oz package of tortellini with the same ingredient measurements and tasted great. Difference was I added the shrimp to the large of pasta after straining the pasta.
Dec 22, 2017
My family liked this. It was quick, easy, and very tasty. The only change I made was to add 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the skillet when I added the tortellini.
Oct 18, 2017
The kids love the great taste and I love the easy to prepare meal
Sep 18, 2017
Forget the peas I added fresh zucchini from the garden
Jul 26, 2017
This recipe was super quick and easy to make, the hardest part was peeling the shrimp. I thought it would come out dry from just the olive oil but it wasn't at all. I'm not usually a fan of peas but they were really good in this dish. I'd make it again.
Jun 25, 2017
Really good! Hubby liked it too. We are not big pea fans, but I wanted to try this as stated, and they were quite tasty in this. Served with lemon and Parmesan cheese. Love the variation possibilities.
Apr 21, 2017
Great recipe. I liked the thyme in it and usually leave it out of recipes. Very easy to make. Served with fresh green salad. Will make using different proteins.
Feb 14, 2017
I used mini cheese ravioli instead of tortellini and made the recipe exactly as written otherwise. We all loved it. This is a great tasting, easy weeknight meal. I love that there are variations of this recipe. I will make this again.
Jan 21, 2017
Simple and quick. I used Italiano Olive Oil. Next time I will add more vegetables.