Simple Sausage Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked multigrain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, toss bread crumbs with oil; cook and stir over medium heat until toasted. Remove from pan.
- Add sausage to same pan; cook and stir over medium heat until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 30-60 seconds longer. Stir in tomatoes and olives; heat through. Add spaghetti and toss to combine. Sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-2/3 cups: 340 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 689mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 10, 2015
Good flavor but VERY dry.
Nov 18, 2009
We loved this! I added a small amount of red pepper flakes and left out the crumb topping; we just topped our own servings with a small amount of parmesan cheese instead. Very good and we'll be having this again!
Oct 18, 2009
Looks good. ThanksBrenda
Oct 18, 2009
Loved the freshness of this pasta..I added drained chopped spinach and it was a lovely dinner we had.Thanks for the recipe.