Chicken Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, rubbed sage, white pepper and black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and seasonings, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 658 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 27, 2017
A great pasta recipe!
Jan 3, 2017
A favorite at our house! Comes together in under 30mins and there's usually no leftovers. I do add additional cream, probably an extra 8oz.
Mar 24, 2015
i have made this recipie many times and we love it. however i double up on the sauce indredients to make it creamier, ABSOLUTLY AWESOME
Dec 31, 2014
I loved the little kick with the cayenne pepper.
Feb 10, 2014
Really Really DELICIOUS! I doubled the recipe and it all went! This was the first time I made it and my family really enjoyed it, telling me to keep it on the menu. Very easy. Very quick. I made it just as the recipe was written. Once you put in the cream, the herbs aren't so pronounced. Subtle. Not overpowering. I impressed myself. I agree it is restaurant quality.
Feb 4, 2014
This was delicious! I omitted the rubbed sage as I do not like the taste of it, but everything else blended together so well! Such a huge hit at my house, and next time I will probably add a touch of cajun seasoning to kick it up a bit. Great, quick recipe for dinner.
Jan 29, 2014
As delicious an Alfredo sauce as I've ever had. Definitely restaurant class. I made a few adjustments to suit my family's tastes - used linguini pasta, deleted thyme, onion powder and rubbed sage. I also used up my left over chicken breasts instead of using fresh chicken. Took less than 1/2 hour from start to finish! Delicious and oh so creamy!
Nov 12, 2013
I did not use sage or thyme. We are not fond of them. Used Italian spices instead. I used olive oil insstead of butter.
Feb 26, 2013
I never thought I could make a creamy pasta dish. I did and it was good!! Would def make this again!!
Oct 19, 2012
We really like this recipe. I did increase the amount of whipping cream & parmesan cheese so that there was more sauce. I think that the butter amount can be cut down & I didn't put the cayenne pepper in either.