Chicken Pasta Toss
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, rubbed sage, white pepper and black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and seasonings, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 658 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Dec 27, 2017
A great pasta recipe!
Jan 3, 2017
A favorite at our house! Comes together in under 30mins and there's usually no leftovers. I do add additional cream, probably an extra 8oz.
Mar 24, 2015
i have made this recipie many times and we love it. however i double up on the sauce indredients to make it creamier, ABSOLUTLY AWESOME
Dec 31, 2014
I loved the little kick with the cayenne pepper.
Feb 10, 2014
Really Really DELICIOUS! I doubled the recipe and it all went! This was the first time I made it and my family really enjoyed it, telling me to keep it on the menu. Very easy. Very quick. I made it just as the recipe was written. Once you put in the cream, the herbs aren't so pronounced. Subtle. Not overpowering. I impressed myself. I agree it is restaurant quality.
Feb 4, 2014
This was delicious! I omitted the rubbed sage as I do not like the taste of it, but everything else blended together so well! Such a huge hit at my house, and next time I will probably add a touch of cajun seasoning to kick it up a bit. Great, quick recipe for dinner.
Jan 29, 2014
As delicious an Alfredo sauce as I've ever had. Definitely restaurant class. I made a few adjustments to suit my family's tastes - used linguini pasta, deleted thyme, onion powder and rubbed sage. I also used up my left over chicken breasts instead of using fresh chicken. Took less than 1/2 hour from start to finish! Delicious and oh so creamy!
Nov 12, 2013
I did not use sage or thyme. We are not fond of them. Used Italian spices instead. I used olive oil insstead of butter.
Feb 26, 2013
I never thought I could make a creamy pasta dish. I did and it was good!! Would def make this again!!
Oct 19, 2012
We really like this recipe. I did increase the amount of whipping cream & parmesan cheese so that there was more sauce. I think that the butter amount can be cut down & I didn't put the cayenne pepper in either.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.