Balsamic Roasted Vegetable Primavera
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1-2/3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni or whole wheat rigatoni
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine carrots, zucchini and tomatoes in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Whisk together next six ingredients; reserve half. Drizzle remaining balsamic mixture over vegetables; toss to coat. Bake until carrots are crisp-tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions; drain. Toss rigatoni with roasted vegetables, pan juices and reserved balsamic mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 410 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 731mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 22, 2018
Good way to use up zucchini! I used all kinds of veggies from my garden.
Jan 15, 2018
Tasty, light, and different!
Jan 7, 2018
I had a medley of vegetables that needed to be used up immediately: onions, spring peas, yellow squash and colored peppers . Used rotini. Loved it.
Oct 1, 2017
Outstanding! I used spaghetti, and served it warm.
Sep 21, 2017
This is easy and flavorful. After reading the other review I cut my carrots thinly. I also added some sliced sweet onion to the carrots, tomatoes and zucchini. I used fresh rosemary and thyme. My husband loved this. I will make it again.
Sep 19, 2017
This was really tasty. Carrots take longer to cook than zucchini, thinly slice them.I used home grown basil.