Chicken Marsala with Gorgonzola
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by a third. Stir in cream and remaining salt. Return to a boil; cook until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken to pan; add 1/3 cup cheese. Cook until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 514 calories, 33g fat (15g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
May 22, 2016
MY husband and I both loved it. So good and so easy.
Dec 28, 2015
Nov 25, 2014
My boyfriend found this recipe and made it for himself while I was out of town. He raved about it and said he was going to force me to try it. I've had other chicken marsala's before and haven't liked them. Well he made me try it tonight and I don't think I've ever had a better chicken dish in my life. Simply amazing. So savory and just delicious! He is allergic to gorgonzola cheese so be used a really good fresh parmesan instead. Spectacular! I'm super impressed.
Jun 21, 2014
I loved this recipe. Can't wait to make it again.
Nov 9, 2013
I used beef broth instead of the wine and just a little moz. Cheese.
May 24, 2013
We made this using ruby port instead of marsala wine, and added some of the port into the pan while the chicken was still cooking.It turned out great! The sauce has almost a sweet flavor to it, and it complemented the chicken very well!
Feb 18, 2013
Excellent. Definitely a keeper!
Feb 6, 2013
So easy and delicious!!!!
Dec 2, 2012
This recipe was fabulous. I added sauted onions and sundried tomatoes.
Nov 9, 2012
Just wanted to add another note. I did not use any of the salt it called for because between the cheese and the wine there is more than enough salt.