Turkey Scallopini with Marsala Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups Marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add turkey cutlets, one at a time, close bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet; heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Remove from pan. Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Stir in butter until melted. Return turkey to pan; heat through. Serve with cheese and, if desired, linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without linguine): 459 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 6, 2019
Made the cutlets as directed, sliced them and mixed in with the mushrooms. Served it with steamed sweet potato with herbed butter and steamed crumb topped brussels sprouts. It was a most delicious dinner!!! The cutlets were easy to prepare and, while I did cut back on the Marsala a bit, the taste of the wine carried well into the dish.
Apr 8, 2018
Great recipe! I used chicken in place of the turkey, because I had it on hand - overall - delicious!
Feb 27, 2017
Made it for my wife on Valentines Day. Instant classy success. Recommend using fresh pasta in lieu of dried. Serve with a small side salad and some crusty bread.It is her new all time favorite
Sep 22, 2015
Very tasty! I didn't have any Marsala wine on hand, so I used chicken broth for a quick substitute. It was quite good, and I'll be making this again!