Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Gorgonzola Spread
My husband first tried this recipe with plain potatoes. They were so yummy; we experimented with sweet potatoes. Dipped in Gorgonzola spread, they’re irresistible. —Kristen Minello, Macomb, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced chives, optional
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high just until tender, turning once, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Refrigerate until serving.
- Slice potatoes into 1/2-in.-thick rounds; brush both sides with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat on each side until browned, 4-5 minutes. Serve with spread. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 serving with 3 tablespoons spread: 362 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Sweet Potato BBQ Chips with Gorgonzola Dip in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.