Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Gorgonzola Spread
My husband first tried this recipe with plain potatoes. They were so yummy; we experimented with sweet potatoes. Dipped in Gorgonzola spread, they’re irresistible. —Kristen Minello, Macomb, Michigan
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced chives, optional
- 1. Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high just until tender, turning once, 6-8 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cheese, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3. Slice potatoes into 1/2-in.-thick rounds; brush both sides with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat on each side until browned, 4-5 minutes. Serve with spread. If desired, sprinkle with chives.
1 serving with 3 tablespoons spread: 362 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 6g fiber), 6g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC