German Schnitzel and Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cream
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Cut tenderloin into 12 slices. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Place four slices in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Layer with 1/4 cup bread crumbs and a third of the potatoes. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, Gorgonzola and salt. Pour over pork mixture; cook on low, covered, until meat and potatoes are tender, 4-6 hours. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3 slices pork with 1 cup potato mixture: 926 calories, 54g fat (33g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 1132mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2017
Super yummy. Very rich, I added some toasted nuts in the breadcrumbs, black pepper, and some dijon mixed into the cream. And for me 1lb of meat was not enough I used 2, but I am usually feeding at least 3 adults.