German Schnitzel and Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cream
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Cut tenderloin into 12 slices. Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness. Place four slices in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Layer with 1/4 cup bread crumbs and a third of the potatoes. Repeat layers twice; top with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine cream, Gorgonzola and salt. Pour over pork mixture; cook on low, covered, until meat and potatoes are tender, 4-6 hours. Sprinkle with parsley; serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts3 slices pork with 1 cup potato mixture: 926 calories, 54g fat (33g saturated fat), 216mg cholesterol, 1132mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 38g protein.
Dec 15, 2017
Super yummy. Very rich, I added some toasted nuts in the breadcrumbs, black pepper, and some dijon mixed into the cream. And for me 1lb of meat was not enough I used 2, but I am usually feeding at least 3 adults.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.