Festive Ham Glaze
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (5 to 8 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep. Place in a large baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over ham. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning ham occasionally.
- Reserving glaze, remove ham to a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert thermometer. Bake, uncovered, at 325° until thermometer registers 140° about 2-4 hours, brushing occasionally with glaze.
Apr 24, 2017
This is a fabulous ham! I only had time to marinate it for half a day & it was plenty flavorful. The spice level & sweetness were perfect. I didn't have an orange, so I subbed a half a jar each of orange marmalade & pineapple preserves for the orange peel & brown sugar. I would do this again the same way. Rave reviews. This is now my go to ham recipe.
Apr 7, 2016
AMAZING!!! I've always searched for a great recipe for my ham. THE BEST. I made it for Easter Dinner. Everyone loved it. I give this 10 ??
Dec 25, 2015
This is the best tasting ham glaze! It seems too easy to make to be so delicious. The men in my family decided it was the best ham they had ever had.
Mar 4, 2013
My husband is SO PICKY and he raved about this glaze. It was very simple to prepare and was DELICIOUS. Basting the ham while it cooked gave it a great crusty, sweet glaze. I am going to try this on ham steaks tonight.
Dec 31, 2012
After reading all of the baked ham recipes I am so glad I picked this recipe.it is so good! I like the idea of marinating the ham I put it in a roasting bag so all the juices would stay in the bag and turning it often instead of putting the ham in a bowl. This baked ham recipe was so delicious. I will keep this one in my recipe box and make it again. So good and very moist so easy.
Apr 8, 2012
so easy and simple to make and by the way it taste GREAT
Dec 26, 2011
Loved this glaze! I think this will be our go to glaze for Christmas.
Dec 26, 2008
This glaze is delicious. Wonderful flavour. I used it on a spiral ham for Christmas dinner, and it was the best I've ever tasted. All the family raved about it too.