Peach Glaze for Ham
Five ingredients easily become a fruity, spiced glaze for ham. My family enjoys the entree so much, I serve it at both Christmas and Easter. —Christine Eiberts, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup (save peaches for another use). Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/2 in. deep; insert a clove in each diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cloves and reserved syrup.
- Brush ham with 1/2 cup brown sugar mixture. Bake, uncovered, 25-35 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining brown sugar mixture.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 510 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1855mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Peach Glaze for Ham in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010