Since I started making this green smoothie recipe for breakfast every day, I honestly feel better! Substitute any fruit and juice you like to make this recipe your own healthy blend.—Linda Green, Kilauea, Kauai, Hawaii
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups torn fresh kale
- 1 medium apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric or 1/4-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled and finely chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Linda's Ferocious Smoothie in Country Woman February/March 2015