- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup flaked imitation crabmeat, chopped
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Immediately sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over crust.
- Reduce heat to 375°. In a skillet, saute red pepper and onions in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in the crab, red pepper mixture and remaining cheese. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCrab Quiche
"This is delicious if you love imitation crab (which I do). I, too, added a clove of minced garlic and used roasted red pepper instead of fresh because that's what I had. I also used the whole 8 oz. package of imitation crab instead of the 3/4 cup. This is so easy to put together and bakes in the time indicated. Not a lot of guesswork here. Try it, I liked it a lot."
"I was looking for a recipe that was close to my mothers and finally found it. The only difference is she used real crabmeat, but I tried it with the imitation and it's still pretty good. Thanks"
"I've made this several times, with good results. It doesn't really take very long to assemble and you could easily use real crab. I always used a whole 8 oz package of the imitation crab (shredded style)."
"It was great!! I used real crab and put in extra crab and cheese."
"Even my daughter who doesn't like seafood thought this recipe should probably go in our favorites. :)"
"This was great but I did add some Old Bay seasoning to it, love the flavors."
"I used real crab in mine and it was delicious. Top it off with some hot sauce and it was perfect"
"I made this on Christmas morning. The red and green colors were very festive. I normally don't like to cook with the fake crab but my family and I really enjoyed it."
"This is such an awesome recipe!! I made it for my Sunday School, 2 - 9X13 pans, and only got to take home a 2"X2" square!!! One pan, I sauteed down portabello mushrooms with the onion and it added such a depth of flavor. The other, in addition to the swiss cheese, I put in monterey-cheddar shredded cheese, and both were absolutely delicious. Till this day (over a year later!), my Sunday School class members still talk about it. Guess it's time to make another one :)"