Cinnamon Apple Wraps
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled and quartered
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 10-in. square; brush with 1 tablespoon butter. Fold into thirds. Roll into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle; cut lengthwise into four strips. Brush with butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the strips. Place an apple wedge on each; wrap pastry around apple. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place wraps on prepared pan. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 603 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 30, 2011
This dessert was a perfect midnight snack. Quick and easy to make with the tinfoil making for a quick clean-up, I put all the sugar and cinnamon inside and just dusted the tops with cinnamon.