Cinnamon Apple Wraps
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple, peeled and quartered
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 10-in. square; brush with 1 tablespoon butter. Fold into thirds. Roll into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle; cut lengthwise into four strips. Brush with butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the strips. Place an apple wedge on each; wrap pastry around apple. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place wraps on prepared pan. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 400° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 603 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 707mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 30, 2011
This dessert was a perfect midnight snack. Quick and easy to make with the tinfoil making for a quick clean-up, I put all the sugar and cinnamon inside and just dusted the tops with cinnamon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.