Campfire Cinnamon Twists
Cinnamon rolls get the toasty treatment when wrapped around skewers and warmed over a fire. Brush with butter, then sprinkle with sugar and spice. —Lauren Knoelke, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (12.4 ounces) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Mix sugar and cinnamon. Remove icing from cinnamon rolls; transfer to a resealable plastic bag for drizzling.
- Separate rolls; cut each in half. Roll halves into 6-in. ropes. Wrap each rope tightly around a long metal skewer, beginning 1/2 in. from pointed end; pinch each end to secure.
- Cook rolls over a hot campfire until golden brown, about 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush with butter; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Cut a small hole in one corner of icing bag. Drizzle icing over twists.
Nutrition Facts1 twist: 98 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 183mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Girl Scout Bear Claws in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.