Cinnamon Whiskey BBQ Chicken Wraps
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon whiskey
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon molasses
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 9 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until thickened, 5-8 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for wraps.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; place on an oiled grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 7-8 minutes. Turn; grill until a thermometer reads 165°, 7-8 minutes longer, brushing occasionally with sauce. Top with cheese; grill, covered, until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes longer. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- Spread dressing over tortillas. Top with chicken; drizzle with reserved sauce. Top with bacon and, if desired, lettuce. Fold in ends of tortillas; roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 697 calories, 30g fat (11g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1770mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
May 30, 2019
This was delicious. I used fireball whiskey, it was perfect. The brown sugar in this recipe makes a really nice glaze and helps keep the chicken moist. My family really loves ranch dressing so for them that was a win. I personally felt it took away from the yummy glaze so I would perhaps choose to not add that for me next time. I also didn't have any Worcestershire sauce so I left it out but the marinade was still so good. Easy and awesome. You could easily just have the chicken and skip the wrap if you are looking to reduce calories but still enjoy something delicious.
Mar 16, 2019
First of all I did not have cinnamon whiskey so I used this DIY: 1 (750 ml) bottle inexpensive whiskey 8 Cinnamon sticks 3 oz Simple syrup and that should blend for a few days but I couldn't wait! The barbeque sauce is the BEST ever! I will be using this for many other dishes! The ranch dressing made the chicken barbeque POP! This is certainly a very unique recipe that I recommend for any get togethers where you want some really different but absolutely delicious! Highly recommend!