Coleslaw Chicken Wraps
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) reduced-fat poppy seed salad dressing, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place 1 cup dressing in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the pineapple, coleslaw mix, red pepper and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Divide among tortillas; top with chicken and sprinkle with almonds. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 407 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Jul 28, 2012
Loved it - refreshing for a hot summer night.
Jun 21, 2012
It needed something to spice it up. I can't figure out what that something might be. If crunchy with a hint of sweetness is your kind of thing, this could be for you.
May 20, 2012
I was a bit uncertain about pineapple in my coleslaw, but it turned out perfect. Great summer grilling recipe that isn't the same old burgers or bbq.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.