- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce or reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Flatten the chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.)
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Gradually add to skillet. stir in the honey, teriyaki sauce and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until thickened. Add pineapple and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forChicken with Pineapple
"PickyPicky eater approved!"
"Bland and boring. Needs onion or peppers or something."
"I added mango and thought it was tatsy, but everyone said needs about three times the sauce to accomodate the rice."
"I made it exactly as it said & didn't like it. I will give it another try, but take some advice from the others and tweak it."
"I didn't do any tweaking, I made it just like the recipe said and my family and I weren't impressed. The extra sauce or the other "tweak" ideas might help, though. At least it's healthy! :)"
"I love this dish! I did tweak it though. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and use pinapple and mandarin oranges and increase the amount of sauce. It is wonderful!!!"